16th June 2023 12:00 BST
Understanding what to eat and when for different types of workouts can be very confusing. And with so much information available (from sources that vary significantly in reliability), it can be tricky to separate fact from fiction.
Sheona King, MSc Human Nutrition, is here to set the record straight.
In this webinar, she’ll discuss:
- Getting the most out of your sports performance with sensible food choices
- Avoiding low energy levels by ensuring adequate fluid intake
- Balancing the energy you need for exercise with your weight loss goals
- The effect of protein on muscle mass
- Whether carb-loading is necessary for long-duration workouts
About the Speaker:
Sheona King is Company Director at Wellness Management Scotland. Having worked in corporate health and fitness for the last 18 years, Sheona helps and motivates people to make long-term changes that will have a positive impact on their short and long-term health and wellbeing. Sheona has a BSc (First Class) in Sports Science and an MSc in Human Nutrition, and she is registered as a Level 4 Senior Health and Activity Practitioner (CIMPSA). Through Wellness Management Scotland, she assists major oil and gas companies in improving the workforce’s collective health, fitness and wellbeing.
Accessing this Webinar:
Join the webinar on 16 June at 12:00 BST here. And if dodgy WiFi gets in the way of you enjoying one of the webinars live, don’t panic. You can watch a full recording of the session later in our archive.