24th July 2023 13:00 BST
Snowsports proved to be a very popular way for RigRunners to earn points during the 2023 competition, with many taking to snowboarding to log some serious miles.
Someone who knows a lot about this exhilarating sport is Ben Kilner, a world-class snowboarder who has since gone on to Co-Found a gym in Banchory, Aberdeenshire. In this exciting Q&A session, Ben will take us through his life in sports, including:
- How he got into snowboarding, and what made him want to compete professionally
- His journey from skilled snowboarder to Winter Olympian and the challenges he faced getting there
- How he recovered from debilitating injuries
- His move into strength training and cross-fit competitions and how he used his snowboarding experience to improve his performance
- How he helps clients ready the body for daily activities through ‘Functional Fitness’
- How he learned to love the process of getting fit
Whether you’ve never taken to the slopes or you’re a winter sports lover, Ben’s story of determination, success, recovery and continual learning will surely get you in a motivated mindset ahead of the next RigRun event.
About the Speaker:
Aberdeen-born Ben Kilner is a Team GB 2010 and 2014 Winter Olympian, World Cup Medallist, and multiple British Halfpipe Champion. Snowboarding professionally for 18 years and retiring in 2016 to open a gym in his hometown of Banchory, Ben now coaches the next generation of athletes and those in need of direction towards a fitter, healthier future. He classes himself as a halfpipe specialist, although he has also competed in the slopestyle and big air disciplines. He finished a respectable 18th place at the Vancouver Winter Olympics in 2010, just weeks after finishing third in the Canada World Cup.
Accessing this Webinar:
Join the webinar on 24 July at 13:00 BST here. And if dodgy WiFi gets in the way of you enjoying one of the webinars live, don’t panic. You can watch a full recording of the session later in our archive.